Grants and Awards
- Grand Winner, APEX Award for Publication Excellence, for our interactive teaching game Help Mikey Make It Out
- John F. Wegman Fund for “Stay Safe at Home” peer-to-peer training for older adults.
- Developmental Disabilities Giving Circle of the Rochester Area Community Foundation, to develop and launch the Safe at Home project curriculum that will teach targeted skills related to fire prevention and kitchen safety for individuals with intellectual disabilities.
- Glazer Charitable Trust, underwriting focus groups and training development for Safe at Home: Safety Training for People With Developmental Disabilities.
- Wegmans, to develop kitchen and cooking safety curriculum for Foodlink’s “Cooking Matters” program, which empowers families at risk of hunger with the skills, knowledge and confidence to shop smarter, make healthy food choices, and cook tasty and affordable meals.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities, to build fire set props for use in practicing fire survival skills and provide training workshops at Rotary Sunshine Camp and other locations.
- Kiwanis West Central of Rochester Foundation, to underwrite safety workshops for people with developmental disabilities.
- Rochester Area Community Foundation, to bring the Peer to Peer Home Safety Training program to three Rochester, NY city schools through Quad A for Kids.
- Rochester Linoleum and Carpet One, to underwrite safety workshops for people with developmental disabilities.
- Marie C. and Joseph C. Wilson Foundation, for delivery of home safety workshops and support of the Peer to Peer Home Safety Training program.
- Ames-Amzalak Memorial Trust in memory of Henry Ames, Semon Amzalak and Dan Amzalak, for delivery of home safety workshops and support of the Peer to Peer Home Safety Training program.
- B. Thomas Golisano Foundation, for a fire safety flyer adapted for people with developmental disabilities.
- NYS Developmental Disabilities Planning Council for printing and distribution of the fire safety flyer.
- Corn Hill Neighborhood Association for support of the Peer to Peer Home Safety Training program.
- NYS Office of Children and Family Services, through the efforts of Senator Joseph E. Robach, for support of the award-winniing interactive fire safety game Help Mikey Make It Out.
- WalMart for delivery of home safety workshops.