Home Safety Training
Our workshops are customized for the audience (e.g. those who work with young children or with older adults), to include such topics as:
- fire prevention
- planning and practicing a home fire drill
- poison control
- removal of hazards
- falls prevention
Made possible by grants from caring donors, these workshops have been presented to staff, volunteers and clients of:
- 14621 Community Association
- The Arc of Monroe
- Catholic Family Center
- The Childcare Council
- Early Childhood Education Quality Council
- Finger Lakes Developmental Disabilities Services Office
- Flower City Habitat for Humanity (Flower City Habitat for Humanity has made this training a prerequisite for all new homeowners)
- Hillside Children's Center
- Jewish Family Services
- Rochester Childfirst Network
- Wilson Commencement Park
We provide customized home safety training for agencies serving people with developmental disabilities. Learn more about Safety for Special People.
Please contact Ellie Stauffer at (585) 383-6506 if you would like additional information about our training programs.
Prevention 1st is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and depends entirely on grants and donations to develop and distribute life-saving programs like this. If you like our work, please consider a donation.