Home Safety Training
This half-day train-the-trainer workshop is customized for the audience (e.g. those who work with young children or with older adults), and typically includes:
- fire prevention
- planning and practicing a home fire drill
- poison control
- removal of hazards
- falls prevention
Prevention 1st's training programs are developed and presented by Fireproof Children, a company which provides
research-based training and materials supporting safety education and professional development for fire service, early childhood educators, and community organizations.
Made possible by grants from caring donors, these workshops have been presented to staff, volunteers and clients of:
- 14621 Community Association
- The Arc of Monroe
- Catholic Family Center
- The Childcare Council
- Early Childhood Education Quality Council
- Finger Lakes Developmental Disabilities Services Office
- Flower City Habitat for Humanity (Flower City Habitat for Humanity has made this training a prerequisite for all new homeowners)
- Hillside Children's Center
- Jewish Family Services
- Rochester Childfirst Network
- Wilson Commencement Park
We provide customized home safety training for agencies serving people with developmental disabilities. Learn more about Safety for Special People.
Please contact Ellie Stauffer at (585) 383-6506 if you would like additional information about our training programs.
Prevention 1st is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and depends entirely on grants and donations to develop and distribute life-saving programs like this. If you like our work, please consider a donation.